I love weddings! It should come as no surprise then that I was up at 2 am on Friday watching the Royal Wedding. Kate and William’s ceremony was beautiful.
Instead of the usual weekly Encore!, here are 5 ideas to incorporate into your wedding:
5. Don’t rush through your formal portrait session
. Yes, you may have a million guests waiting for you. They’ll still be there when you’re done. Even if the session takes an hour, the photos will last a lifetime.
4. Have kids at your wedding. Sure they’re unpredictable. They might not do exactly what they’re supposed to, but they always make everyone smile.
3. Be yourself. Wear your hair down if you prefer. If your wedding ceremony is formal consider changing into a more fun dress for the reception.
2. Kiss as often as you’d like. It may be called the first kiss, but if you want to add a second kiss, or a hug, or a dip, go ahead.
1. Slow down and take your whole day in. Walk calmly down the aisle even if it takes you three minutes. Pause as you exit the church. Look around you and remember. Allow your family and friends time to remember that moment as well.
Keep these tips in mind to make your wedding unforgettable!
P.S. If you didn’t watch the Royal Wedding, Tudor House in Santa Monica will be playing the ceremony all weekend and has a special lunch menu including Prince of Wales tea for the event. I went to the afternoon tea on Friday and it was absolutely lovely. You may want to call ahead for reservations.